Sunday, July 8, 2012

Three Of A Kind


Three Of A Kind 18" x 42" (acrylic on canvases)

This painting was an exploration into Polyptych art. I wanted to put a twist on my abstracts, therefore I chose to explore polyptych art. My art is very loose and chaotic. Introducing a tryptych format was my way of bringing order to a chaotic process. At a first glance everything looks random and loose but as one gazes into the work, one may notice that the placing and selection of the colors causes the eye to travel across the entire body of work. I feel a subdued yet sporatic vibe when I view this piece. The theme of merging the to worlds of order and chaos is one that is relevant to all my pieces. Personally, it is a reflection of my life. In a way my art is the psycho-analyzation of the creator. 
Thanks for checking out my blog, for a complete list of my art please check out my site http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

No comments:

Post a Comment