Saturday, July 7, 2012

Southern Sunset


Southern Sunset 38” x 48” (acrylic on canvas)
This piece was created about a month ago. I had begun to become more familiar with the splatter technique and wanted to do something a little different. I selected several colors that gave of a southern Latino vibe that were subtle yet bold. After the color selection was done I created a horizon. This is the first time I had created any type of background and structure for my abstract painting. Essentially it was an experiment that involved structure in a process that routinely has none. Then, as usual, I let the painting take a life of its own. I’am very proud of this piece. Through the vagueness of abstract art and the order of premeditated thought I have arrived at something that I feel the viewer can Identify with. “Southern Sunset”
Thanks for reading my blog, for more of my art please visithttp://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart
E-mail: jreyes6626@att.net 

4 comments:

  1. Southern Sunset.....that really describes this piece. Love the colors and the movement in this painting. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in the Southern Sunset. It makes me visualize the sun setting across the horizon. Beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments! Thank you for checking out my blog.

      Delete