Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Reflections

Reflections 24" x 30" (acrylic on canvas) 

In this piece I created a muddled reflection effect. It is almost as if you can grasp an image but not clearly define it. Have you ever looked into the water and seen a blurry image of yourself? That same feeling is what i experience when I view this piece. Through all the muddled streaks of gray you can still see the beauty of the vibrant colors. The vague image may be hard to see but it is still there. This concept is a parallel to life situations. At times life has its moments that hide its beauty, but despite the overshadowing darkness the beautiful color remains. Even when its hard to see it is still there, you just have to look for it. 

Thanks for checking out my blog, to see all my art please go to my site. http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

2 comments:

  1. There is something so serene about this one, despite all the movement. Just like a muddled reflection, what is seen in this is subjective and unique to anyone looking at it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you can take away something from this piece.

      Delete