Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Motion

New Motion 38" x 48" (acrylic on canvas)

This is one of my more recent pieces. Most of my pieces consist of different color schemes, but this one is quite different. Using the basic "colors" black and white was something I wanted to explore. I had done several black and white pieces prior to this one, but it wasn't until this particular piece that I finally captured, what I felt to be, a "New Motion". In this piece one can see the that the eye can't help but travel across the work. This is a reflection of the way in which I work. I work from all angles of the piece and attempt to tie each mark with the next. This process, after several layers, eventually embodies the motions of the creator. Through this process I feel that the viewer is able to connect with the artist.  

Thanks for checking out my blog, for a complete list of my art please check out my site
http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

No comments:

Post a Comment