Friday, July 6, 2012

Kaleidoscope



Kaleidoscope 27” x 28” (acrylic on un-stretched canvas)
This abstract painting was done about 2 months ago. I wanted to give off a distorted/cool sort of feeling. As the abstract progressed my idea for the piece evolved. I wanted something that would draw the viewer to the center of the piece. This is when the streaks came into play. My intention is to communicate a cool and calm feeling along with unknown distorted feeling. The contrast between the to vibes is where the viewer finds their interpretation.
Thanks for checking out my blog. For more of my art please view my website http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

4 comments:

  1. Your pieces are inspiring. They really do evoke emotion. This one was like calm tension. The outer frame really drew me in to the beautiful chaos toward the center. I really love the sparkling marks within different points of the center. It actually reminded me of a leadership theory that asserts that effective patterns can stem from chaotic origins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea for taking the time to check out my blog. I'm glad you can relate to my art! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how hard I tried, this one kept drawing me into the middle of the picture. It's like it "caught" my eye and wouldn't let me go. I felt like I was trying to climb out of the center, but, found a slippery slope. Very interesting and captivating work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you can relate to my work in that way. Thanks for taking the time to check my blog out.

      Delete