Thursday, July 12, 2012

Basketball

Basketball 36" x 12" (acrylic on canvas)

This piece was one of my earlier works, it was actually my first piece that I used the splatter paint technique. There is a very explosive feeling to this particular piece. The first thing that came to mind when creating this piece was the image of a basketball exploding. The bold colors and the violent marks create the explosive feeling. This piece is somewhat a reflection of the sport itself. There is a lot of movement and energy in this piece, similar to the sport of basketball. When I made this piece I wasn't conscious of the correlation between the two. It wasn't till after that I made this connection. 

Thanks for checking out my blog, for a full collection of my work please check out my site  http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these. None are too cognizant and contrived, but instead are full of feeling and reflect natural introspection. I'll be anticipating your future work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, that is exactly what they are intended to do. Im really excited that you enjoy my art!

      Delete