Monday, July 9, 2012

Outer Space

 Outer Space 20" x 46" (acrylic on canvases)

This piece was another experimentation with polyptych art. Traditionally in a tryptych piece, canvases of the same size are selected. But in this particular piece I decided to test out the idea of using three different sized canvases for one specific work. I used one 20" x 20" canvas, one 11" x 14" canvas, and one 12" x 12" canvas. I found it quite interesting to see the different motions and patterns that were captured on each individual canvas. Again I wanted to merge the two worlds of chaos and order. That is why I used three different shades of purple and three different sized canvases. It's my way of putting some type of structure to my work. Then I let the loose and chaotic movement take place. The color selection almost makes it look like a scene from outer space. And the different canvases almost seem to be different dimensions of an outer space scene.

Thanks for checking out my blog, for a complete list of my art check out my site http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

2 comments:

  1. Josh, these are excellent pieces! I am delighted to see you producing such interesting and thoughtful art. I will look forward to your work in the future, and will subscribe to your blog so that I won't miss it. You have a unique vision and technique-- it's as if the patterns have a moving, dynamic quality to them. Yes, maybe behind every chaos, order is seeking to be established!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them!

      Delete