Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Glow

Glow 38" x 48" (acrylic on canvas) 
This particular piece is my most recent work. I wanted the image to almost look as if it is moving. I did this by using intense motions and and the contrast between black and white. Like several of my previous black and white pieces I inserted a color that I thought would stand out. I wanted a color that was bright and noticeable one that would catch the attention of the viewers eye. The bright green added a glowing aspect to the piece. The placement of the green gives off this glowing effect, which draws the viewer in, and allows the viewer to notice the details of the piece. I feel that this is the best illustration of the specific feel that I wanted to portray in my black and white series.

To see more of my work follow the link to my website.
http://jreyes6623.wix.com/joshart

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting....I am sure that it is "glowing" in person. Love the color and movement.

    ReplyDelete